YO!, the UK’s most famed Japanese food operator, has confirmed it will open a second new restaurant in Glasgow this year, on Thursday 7th September, 2017.
Following the launch last month of YO! GLASGOW CENTRAL, in the heart of the city centre, the wildly popular brand is now about to open the doors to YO! GLASGOW FORT, the company’s fourth restaurant in the city.
Situated at the main entrance of Glasgow Fort, the new restaurant will have an outside seating area for al fresco dining (sunshine permitting!) – this area being a point of difference to all other YO! restaurants. What’s more, the expansion has presented an opportunity to employ new talent from the surrounding catchment area. Along with the experience of the team already in YO!, these new appointments will ensure YO! GLASGOW FORT has a strong local connection.
Culinary pleasure seekers can expect a perfect mix of YO! classics and newly curated dishes at YO! GLASGOW FORT including hot favourites such as Katsu Curry, Ramen & Miso, Yakisoba, Chahan, Teriyaki, Gyoza and Tempura, and delicious hand made cold Nigiri, Temaki, Sashimi, Rolls and Fresh Salads. In keeping with Glasgow’s ‘UK’s Most Vegan Friendly City’ status there are also an impressive 16 vegan and 29 vegetarian dishes.
YO! is one of the only high street restaurants that freshly prepares its dishes on site, in open kitchens, and YO! GLASGOW FORT will be a striking scene in which to enjoy its carefully curated menu.
With its instantly recognisable bold orange YO! branding, YO! GLASGOW FORT has an urban feel, with the use of both concrete and brick wall-effect finishes, as well as ceramic tiling. Exposed end grain birch plywood to joinery and an accent of yellow running throughout the restaurant, adds warmth and vibrancy to the scheme. Booth seating following the full length of the arc, as well as full height glazing, maximises exposure to the bustling hub of The Fort. The restaurant’s industrial aesthetic is reinforced with all exposed services above and a deconstructed ceiling raft feature.
Inside, YO!’s legendary Kaiten belt snakes around the entire restaurant, allowing customers to grab the fresh dishes from their seats.
A new To Go menu will also be available in YO! GLASGOW FORT across both hot and cold dishes.
Commenting on the opening of Glasgow Fort, YO! CEO, Robin Rowland OBE said,
“We are excited to announce the opening of YO! Glasgow Fort.
“We have been blown away by the response to our return to the city centre. Glasgow loves YO!…and the feeling is mutual.
“The arrival now of YO! Glasgow Fort will be another fitting statement for the city and YO! fans can expect to enjoy all their popular favourites, as well as exciting new food offerings, and all set against a striking new design aesthetic.”
Phil Goodman, Centre Director at Glasgow Fort, said,
“We are delighted to be welcoming YO! to Glasgow Fort in its fantastic custom-built unit.
“With a delicious menu and fun atmosphere, it is sure to be a hit with our customers visiting for our leading shopping and leisure offering.”
BOILER PLATE INFORMATION
- YO! is privately owned by Mayfair Equity Partners and the YO! senior UK management team, which is led by CEO Robin Rowland OBE.
- Founded in 1997, YO! was the first to bring the concept of a Japanese ‘kaiten’ sushi bar that delivered food via a conveyor belt to the UK.
- From July 2017, YO! reinforced its commitment to Scotland by signing a deal to use only fresh Scottish salmon from reputable suppliers. These suppliers share the same concerns with regards to environmental issues and sustainability of at-risk species through over fishing and the subsequent depletion of certain fish.
- 2017 sees the restaurant group expand further into Glasgow, London, Canterbury, Worcester and New York.
- YO! serves over 6 million UK customers a year.
- YO! dishes are freshly prepared in its restaurants daily.
- YO! is the proud winner of the Best Vegan Curry category for its Tofu Katsu Curry at the PETA Vegan Food Awards 2015.
#yoglasgowfort Instagram yosushi Facebook YOSushi Twitter YOSushi
YO! SCOTLAND PR