Edinburgh’s original log fired pizza restaurant is to introduce a new half-a-metre long pizza to its award winning menu this week.
La Favorita Restaurant on Leith Walk is consistently ranked as one of the best places for authentic Italian pizza in Britain having won numerous awards since it opened in Edinburgh in 2005.
Every Thursday from July 13th the restaurant will plate up their famous Roman-style pizza to customers but unlike their tradition round serves, the hand-stretched dough will be served to the table on half-a-metre longboards encouraging a new style of social eating.
Customers can choose from eight toppings including traditional Italian favourites and popular La Favorita specialties. The new concept is part of a weekly Thursday promotion that offers the half a metre pizza and a bottle of Italian Prosecco for £40. The offer is for sharing between two and can be booked in advance. In addition a gluten-free version of the half-a-metre pizza will be available to customers on request.
Tony Crolla, Chairman of Vittoria Group, commented “The Vittoria Group have always been very keen to make sure each of their Edinburgh restaurants has something different to offer rather than being a replica of the last. La Favorita was the first restaurant in Scotland to offer the log-fired pizza and to stay ahead of trends we want to offer our customers new concepts, new ideas and new flavours.”
He added, “Eating out should be fun and as a family owned Italian restaurant group, we are open to experimentation and innovation – so our customers continue to enjoy the delicious, fresh and authentic Italian food that we have become so well known for.”
One of Britain’s best pizzerias, La Favorita has won numerous awards in recent years and is hugely popular with local residents and visitors to Edinburgh. Delicious, fresh, authentic Italian food is served up throughout the day and evening in chic, contemporary surroundings, with a typically bustling Italian pizzeria’s family friendly atmosphere, offering a true home from home experience and friendly Italian hospitality for which the Crolla family are renowned.
- La Favorita is owned by The Vittoria Group who also own Taste of Italy, Vittoria On the Walk, Vittoria on the Bridge, La Favorita Delivered and upmarket Italian restaurant Divino in Edinburgh’s old town.
- As a third-generation Italian family restaurant, Vittoria Group know exactly what genuine Italian food is all about and use only the finest Italian ingredients for their pizza and pasta. Freshly made dough from Padova, Veneto, forms the basis of their pizzas, topped with mouth-watering ingredients and cooked in our revolving 300C log-fired Italian ovens to give that special crispness and unmistakable smoky flavour.
- While their authentic thin crust Italian pizzas are the highlight and everyone’s favourite, La Favorita offers so much more – their delicious gourmet Italian pastas are made to order, or customers can enjoy tasty options from their grill – cooked to your liking, with a great choice of antipasti starters, fresh salads and indulgent freshly made desserts.
- Half-Metre Pizza and Prosecco offer is available every Thursday from 13th July from 4pm-10pm.
- La Favorita Twitter: @LaFavoritaEd
- La Favorita Facebook: www.facebook.com/LaFavoritaEd
- La Favorita website: www.vittoriagroup.co.uk/lafavorita/offers/half-metre-pizza-bottle-of-prosecco-40/